Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some More Christmas Decor....!

Thought I'd share some more of my decorating....I do know that I can get a little extreme when it comes to this thing called decorating...but hey it's what I can and like to do...and it's SO FUN!! Not to mention that I love all the stuff I see in BH&G, or Pottery Barn or even Ethan Allen...but who can afford to actually buy that stuff...NOT ME..so when I see something that is so super cute but the price tag is like something crazy, my mind starts to turn and I figure it out on my own....that is the FUN part about it....so people no I DO NOT have alot of money to just splurge, our family is on a budget so I have to glitter and glam what I have! You need to pull out all of that "old" stuff, or check out the DI or Goodwill, you won't believe what people give away...SERIOUSLY!! Those wreaths hanging up I got at Savers for 10 cents a piece and I glittered one and sprayed glued the other and put green moss all over it!(Thanks Bath and Body for the idea..giddy giddy!) If you got some picks that are just plain and ugly..get that glitter out and it will be shiny new!! One of my FAVORITE blogs is the nester...(nestingplacenc.blogspot.com) she is great at hot gluing any and everything...check her out for some ideas at least I would NEVER think of.....like a fur wreath.....seriously who would of thought..!


Saw this, wreaths hanging from the ceiling in the Bath and Body Works store....they are my favorite for inspiration...every year I check out what they do....amazing!


Front door basket of glittered pinecones...okay at Target you can get a bag for 10 bucks....HECK NO go to your park and have the kids do a race to pick up the most and then do a treat..that's what I did...!!
Welcome to my home...saw this idea on an Ethan Allen cover a few years back...LOVE IT!!

4 comments:

Joyelle said...

love your decorating! looks fabulous!

Nicole said...

I love all of it Nicole you are so talented and creative. I LOVE LOVE your girls tree.. I had to laugh because I got on Gymboree.com and they have a new girls line out that is that same material and colors. lol The zebra striped and hot pink... you better check it. ha ha. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving as well.. your family is so darling.

Curtis Family said...

I stalk your blog Nicole! I love to see what creative things your going to come up with next. You're so talented and creative. No FAIR! Thanks for sharing your talents with us. I hope you don't get a blogging restraining order on me!!

Paz123 said...

Nice idea of using wreaths in Christmas home decoration.