Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree..........

So here is the family tree....finished with the silhouette ornaments, really they are just mod podged paper...until I find the frames..I glittered the poinsettas and some ornaments..I put a ton of damask ribbon and fabric and tied into knots all over the tree just to fill in those bare spots and to match my garlands..(I will post those soon). I also found some ornaments at Hobby Lobby that are black and red with damask...LOVE that!! Who said you couldn't have a black christmas tree?? I absolutely love these colors and now I see black damask everywhere. A couple of years ago you couldn't, so I get extremely thrilled when I see a store have it!! Uh yeah....gotta have matching presents ...these are just the family presents, santa's won't be "themed"...geesh gotta save that paper for upcoming christmases...I guess you can say I have a "matching" problem...heehee!



Just a great tip, you know how tree skirts are, well...just too small now a days...so I suggest what I did...a matching tablecloth instead! Use a round one and then top it with the treeskirt or use the tree skirt on a table or just be creative with it! That way you can actually see it under the tree when you have a couple of those presents there.

So I finished the girl's tree skirt and it came out really cute....I did mess up on one side darn it but you can't tell to the "un"sewer eyes...heehee! Little do the girls know Santa is re doing thier room in a fun funky spunky new do...can ya guess the theme...I have been busy with these colors let me tell ya...they will be so excited...can't wait! The painting will have to wait until after christmas...obviously but they can help me with that..!




9 comments:

K and/or K said...

I lvoe the silouettes! And matching wrapping is always a dream of mine!

edie said...

What beautiful trees! I found you through Mandi's blog. Can't wait to snoop!

Aranne and Dan said...

So cute. I love that you do your girls room all up.. tree and all. Too fun!

Mandi Shandi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the girls' tree! The family one is also incredible, but man oh man do I love that tree for the girls. Fabulous as usual!!

Pearl Girl said...

Amazing! will you come decorate my tree for me??? I only live in ID. lol.

Jennifer Moore said...

How awesome are your trees!!
So much imagination - they look fab!!

Merry Christmas!!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Both are unique and beautiful. I really like the the little silouettes, but the pink tree is cute too.

Serendipity said...

We had a black and white tree last year with photos and silouettes...{I think it was one of my favorite trees!}

Yours looks lovely! Have a very Merry Christmas...

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

silhoutte tree is amazing!