Friday, November 21, 2008

Our family Thanksgiving Tree...

I have seen this idea around on other blogs like skiptomylou.blogspot.com. She actually has a cute printout of her own you could do for a FHE lesson also. I liked the butcher paper that I saw at my kid's school and thought I would try to do something similar....and I think it is really cute.
The leaves are just a punch I got at a scrap store a couple of years ago and though it is a little small I like that I can use my own cute paper to give a more scrappy feel to it instead of using plastic leaves..(however those are re usable if you use tape to write down what you are thankful for...?!) Here is a leaf that Sabrina wrote...shoes...cute, I am thankful for that too! The tradition is every time you walk by this "Thanksgiving Tree" you are to write down on a leaf what you are thankful for, this goes for guests as well. On Thanksgiving day I will have one of the kids take the leaves down and read them aloud before we eat our Thanksgiving meal....anyhow I really love any tradition that I feel I can keep going throughout the years with simplicity...!
Colton wrote down food....of course..heehee! He is my biggest turkey of all...LOL!

4 comments:

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

What a great idea!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love how you used the butcher paper, this is such a great idea. I'll be linking.

Jill said...

Awesome idea. I plan to do something like that with my family this week!!

Annie Miller said...

How cute is that??? LOVE it!