Monday, August 25, 2008

Want some Cherry pie in a jar...?








I saw this on another blog a while back and since have forgotten which one it was....so I attempted this on my own. I just took my apple pie crust recipe and filled an open mouth jar with the dough, and then spooned out the cherry pie filling into it, did a little cute heart shape and baked it at 400degrees. It turned out great. I wanted to do these for our family P.I.E. night and freeze these ahead of time and give everyone their own individual pie. Our P.I.E (Personal Interview Evaluation) night is an interview with each of our kids to just discuss one on one any problems they might be having. Our family loves this and so I wanted to start it up again since school has already started. (summers are lazy for us around here!) I feel like football and cheer season not to mention school in general has taken over our life and now Sunday will be our "Monday" FHE etc.. A good friend of mine did this a couple of years ago for an Enrichment and explained a binder type "Family"calendar. I've seen them be called Home Command Binder also. Mine has phone numbers, an address book, Mon-Sunday cleaning list, grocery list with an insert for coupons, my weekly menu for breakfast lunch and dinner, bills to pay etc... It keeps me organized. When I get a chance I will post some pics of my binder.


Anyhow, these would be really cute for a christmas gift or visiting teaching gift as well....mmm...

1 comment:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

CUTEST idea. I'm such a huge fan of yours now. Glad you found me (30days) and in turn I found you.