Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All things that GLITTER!

So I finally made this in which I have seen on one of my favorite blogs, but she had no tutorial so I figured you can't go wrong with mod podge right? This along with packaging tape I use with everything! So first you get your cup, I got mine at seven eleven and your supplies:



Then you take your cup and paste the mod podge on it like this:
Sprinkle the glitter and let dry. Give it another coat of mod podge and repeat glitter process. (FYI make sure the first application is completely dry, around 2 hours) Also, make sure you leave the top ring of the cup without glitter so you can still put a lid and straw on it!

Then just embellish it with whatever you would like. All of these supplies I had around the house, just not the cup....heehee!

I plan on doing this as a tradition for my girls at school for their birthdays when I come to eat lunch with them, and friends as well....maybe the young women birthdays....FUN!!
The finished project......What do ya think?


5 comments:

gigi said...

Wow, now that would make one feel like a real princess! To cute.

Kaycee said...

Hi there! Thanks for entering my Giveaway.

That cup is fabulous!!! I love it! Definitely going to try that :) You have a beautiful family.

Audrey said...

That is really, really cute. My b-day is coming up in just about 340 more days, so (hint, hint) keep me in mind. hee, hee

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Great job, it looks wonderful! Love the sparkle!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Now isn't that cute!

But just what do you use it for? I'm curious.

Oh and btw, I love that jar your husband got you yesterday. Very cool.