Thursday, August 28, 2008

Super Saturday Projects.....in question!

Ok so awhile back I was asked to do Super Saturday which this will be my 5 th year....NOT complaining...just totally stoked that they keep asking ME of all people to do it! Really though in our ward we have such incredibly talented women who like to learn and show off thier talents...lucky for me it makes my job a whole lot easier. Most the time I try to figure out what kind of projects I think people would like to do, I ask alot of sisters in the ward their interests and then try to fit that project with the right person to put it all together and BAM! You've got a great productive day....well at least try to get at least one project done...heehee!





So here are the ones I have found someone to do, some are not the exact project yet as they have until next Sat. to get a picture to me so I can post them on our very 1st SSaturday blog...FUN!


1. Boy's crayon holder and Girls' crayon holder...



2. Boy's super hero cape... (this is a MAYBE)3. Photo holder...
4. Silhouette frames..
5. Family frame with vinyl...
6. Canvas ribbon holder...( the actual idea is a little different) 7. No sew tutu..

8. Freezer stenciling.. (MAYBE, waiting for a call back) 9. Glass etching on pans... ( Yeah, finally figured this one out!)
10. The shelf on the wall..(idea from pottery barn!) Go Shannon!!

There are two other "maybe's" right now, a christmas stocking holder and another one not sure yet what it is, and I may not be doing the cape as there is already a sewing class (..crayon holders) and this will tie up the machines, but the tutu is a fun easy gift to give..
These, again are not the actual photos of the class projects but I will post them next week
What do ya think????

14 comments:

gigi said...

These projects are awesome! I hope you can teach me how to do some of them.

Anonymous said...

Very creative!!

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks for stopping by...I'll be back!

KaraLyn said...

So fun! When is you Super Sat? I might join in (heehee). BTW I'm KaraLyn from kraftykaralyn. You just posted on my blog. Just thought I would stop by and see what you were all about! FUN!!!

Holly said...

Um...I wanna come to super saturday! Especially if you're in charge! Ha!

Melissa said...

These project ideas are AWESOME - I wish I lived in your ward boundries - I'd sign up for them ALL!!

I'm particularly interested in the no-sew tutu - I'd love to make one for my daughter's haloween costume this year... do you have a brief how-to write up? I'm pretty crafty, so would onnly need the basic outline of procedures... PLEASE? Also, the freezer stencil??

Thanks from NE Pennsylvania!
westcoastradish@gmail.com

Steph said...

OMG!! I would love to get directions on the photo holder and the tutu no sew!! Very creative ideas!! Here's my email stephfreymuth@yahoo.com

BTW I love your blog!!
Steph

Chris and Suzette said...

I have twin 3 year old girls and would LOVE the instructions for the no-sew tutu. I am also very crafty (planning out our own Super Saturday for our ward this week in fact) and think I could make them with simple instructions. Any chance you might have instructions that you could e-mail me? bryce_home@yahoo.com

Thanks!

alliehoopes said...

Holy crap I want to go to YOUR super Saturday. Far better than little lame-o popsicle stick frames or something :)

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog from Tip Junkie- love the tutu and the favorite things photo holder. Do you provide instructions or can you give some tips on how to go about finding out how to do some of these things? You have my creative mind spinning! pursleyjamie@gmail.com
jamie

Unknown said...

hello! i, too, love the no sew tutu. do you have instructions written up?

please let me know...good luck and i look forward to seeing more of your work!

lauren.a.goodman@gmail.com

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

I just found your blog through Tipjunkie! Like the other readers, I too would LOVE the instructions for the tutu if you have them it is SO cute! Thanks.

nataliegessell@comcast.net

Tracy said...

I found your page on Tip-Junkie...Love the ideas! Do you have instructions for the tutu you can email me? Thanks!
Tracy
tracyspafford@gmail.com

Mary said...

I know this is pretty late, but I think the tutu onsie is so cute! Would it be possible to get directions for that one? mkwoodward@hotmail.com

Heidi said...

I am also in love with the Tutu and I am also working on a super saturday.

Could I please get the instructions?

Love your work

Heidi
heidigirl5@gmail.com