Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bella's Easter Dress, Bow and Basket..!

Who's says you can't mix Zebra and Easter??? Remember who you are talking to....I think I am Zebra's BiGgEsT fan...lol! Anyhow our family does this tradition where we match for Easter...Thanks to my good friend Mel who got me hooked on this! I found the two girl's dresses at Burlington Coat Factory for under 10 bucks and they are a black floral print with a big hot pink bow..so then got Bells dress at Old Navy....but I added the zebra and the tulle skirt into it....do you like the ruffle and the "wedding" tulle? It is soooo cute on her, can't wait till she wears it!
Got this zebra headband over at Claire's at the mall, cut and sewed it to fit Bells head and then attached a hot pink flower that I already had....easy peasy..!This pail I already had....but added a "knotted" tutu around it, very cute. that way she can wear it too when Easter is over...FUN! I am not doing much with the girls' dresses except adding a zebra ribbon onto the pink one, I picked up a zebra knit sweater for Sabrina to wear over her dress, and Cambrie still deciding what to do.....The boys are wearing black khaki's and white shirts....WAS THINKN hot pink ties.....but prob.not....isn't Easter really a girl thing to get pretty??heehee
Do you all dress pretty??

10 comments:

Annie Miller said...

You are killing me with your mad skills! I would love to get better at sewing (an blinging things out :) but I just don't see where you find the time! It is so cute! Can't wait to see pictures of her wearing it :)

Kaylene said...

Absolutley adorable!!Your right, Easter is for the girls to be all girlied up! :) But there is something to say for a nicely dressed up young man as well. I love to check out your blog to see all the fun things you come up with and to spark some creativity in my own head! Thanks for always sharing your cute ideas!

Mandi Shandi said...

Every bit of it sounds adorable, and the touches you added to Bella's dress are SO CUTE! You better take a picture and show us! I will be dressing our group in blue, that is what happens when you have 2 boys and no girlies! But we will be sportin' our turquoise with pride!

Kristen said...

That is too cute...can't wait to see pictures of her in it.

Great Job Mama.

~Kristen

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

I love everything that you do! And I was certain that I was done having kids but this makes me seriously re-think that, in hopes for a girl to make girly fun thing for lol

Pearl Girl said...

WOW, okay... One thought always comes to my mind when I read your blog. DO YOU EVER SLEEP???? I can't keep up. but I did find some DANG cute skull and crossbones fabric (it is kinda cartoony) that I am gonna put some red minky on the back of for my lil guy. YAY thanks again for that idea. you rock! have a happy easter.

Elizabeth Dover said...

Hi, I found your older post about your babysitting kits for activity days. I hope this comment finds you. I too have found next to nothing for babysitting kits. For our Stake Activity Day Camp our ward has been asked to do a class on babysitting. Could you share what you did with me? Handouts stories ect. ect. Please? I would be sooooo grateful! My e-mail is ELizabeth_hutson@hotmail.com.

Elizabeth Dover said...

By the way very cute Easter dress. You are super creative!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

OK Nicole~I was just cruising Old Navy's website~and found that pink dress~You should totally post a pic of what it looked like before you added the stuff b/c you rock! Girl you've got SKILLS!!!:)

Karen~ said...

Hi there, I love your blog!

I just wanted to ask about your hair bands, where do you get your flowers? Are they stemmed flowers that you remove or like flowers you can find in the scrapbooking section?

Thanks!

Karen~