Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Primary Organization....


In our Primary the kids are challenged to memorize the scripture for that month, if they succeed they get a prize...My kids love this so when I was in primary I started to print off the scriptures (theideadoor.com) for thier church binders(I will post about these soon!) so they could look over them during sacrament. I also put them on our pantry door so that they will always be there for them to look at..and so mom knows whats going on. I also try my best to do FHE around the primary theme for the month as well. Also you can see in the pic that I have an organizing chart for school...thanks to meckmom.com. I found her several years ago and love all of her organization ideas..she is a genious and plus has printables CUTE printables I might add to use for yourself! Each child (in grade school) has the responsibility to look at thier class newsletter and arrange the velcro pics to the right day...this consists of what kind of lunch they are wanting..hot or cold(this makes them look at the lunch calendar ahead of time) if they have P.E., art, library, computer,scouts, act.days, baseball ect. I have added a few to fit the needs of my kids that she didn't have. This has really taught my kids responsibility and the girls know especially if they have to wear tennies or not....a huge drama topic in our house!! This really works for us! It also has friend time that they can choose two days out of the week, that is available to play with their friends....no more asking mom every single day!! WHEW!! Anyhow thought I would share this..!

1 comment:

Mandi Shandi said...

Love this idea! I am going to check out your Binder you told me about now. Thanks so much for sharing.