Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fabric Flower Tutorial....(I almost got it perfect..dang!)

UMMM ok this has become something that I have wanted to do for awhile, as most of my projects, but no really because I have so much fabric and I like to "embellish" everything I decided to give this a go and include a tutorial! (I promise Allison to add more pictures step by step..heehee!)


Materials:
Template ( I hand drew mine on cardstock)
fabric
scissors
small piece of ribbon
sewing machine or needle and thread
cover button kit
fabric glue

1. Cut out the 4 of the smaller flower and 2 of the larger flower.



2. Cut into each flower where the dotted areas are on my template above...
3. Stack the 2 larger ones on top of eachother and then fold over the 4 smaller ones in half, overlapping them similar to the way I have done here...
and here.....
4. Sew a square making sure you have gotten all ends of flowers... 5. Following the directions on the back of the cover button kit
6. Cut out a circle to fit over mold...7. Firmly press button shell down on fabric into mold...8. Tuck fabric into button shell....9. Place back over tucked fabric; press down firmly10. with pusher to snap into place ...

Pull out button and VOILA! Cute Button!! Glue on to top of flower...(in the middle) oops forgot pic...
Glue on ribbon with fabric glue....
Add your bobby pin like this...(upside down)



And there you go, a really cute simple hair accesorry...I have made several that I am going to use on bags, shoes shirts and belts...totally cute and FUN!










6 comments:

Meghann said...

Ya I saw you on Tip Junkie (love that blog) and I thought you had a lot of cute stuff! Very creative! I agree with the trendy and stylish part of making crafts. It's funny to see your parents crafts and how old and outdated they are, I wonder if ours will be too. Oh well they are cute now and that's all that matters. I hope that's okay I posted your blog on mine, if not I can take it down.

Holly said...

Way cute!!!

Joyelle said...

what an easy craft and way cute idea...just might have to use that sometime! thanks for sharing!
I recently made your glitter cup for a baby shower prize, turned out quite cute! keep those tutorials coming!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Tiffany sent me! You have some of the cutest craft ideas! Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be back!

Chris said...

I love this idea! You did such a fabulous job! Thank you for linking to the party!

Jess said...

so cute! I just found your blog through Just a Girl....thanks for sharing your idea! -jess